Wednesday, December 5, 2007

So, I made a blag

I don't really understand all this "blog" talk here. I'm rather certain that it is blag. Anyhow, this was created at the prompting of man named for a common garden vegetable. Being my first blag I think it will of course take time to come to its own, but wisely, I did not refuse his suggestions. Hopefully there will be several people that will balg on this blag, as I'm no blag hoarder. However, with a lack of what else to speak of I shall blag about what I've been listening to.
First of all, to all those poor souls that have missed out thus far. You must heard Os Mutantes and Caetano Veloso. Simply the most stunningly amazing Brazilian music, nay any music I have ever heard. Just get the early stuff and work your way to more modern and you'll be fine.
Second, I've been listening to much more post-rock as of late. In this genre I have been wowed by Efterklang's new releases. They are some beautiful songs. If These Trees Could Talk, a band coming close to post-metal, is quite impressive as well. And some other notables among them are Raccoo-Oo-Oon, This Will Destroy You, and the new comers Motionless. Many of these post-rock albums can be found on the Sordo Archive this is a prime site for uploading for friends on the internet to easily be directed to or to find something you might never have heard of otherwise.
Along that vein, on Sordo I've found to amazing albums. A album by a San Franciscan folk group The Dodos (I found them of Sordo as Dodo Bird, but I believe this to be an error) has caught be ear with the exceptionally fantastic release known as Beware Of The Maniacs. It is full wonderful instrumentation with guitar, piano, and thunderous drumming that keep it to the folk roots it certainly draws heavily from, but at the same time the wonderfully beautiful sing makes the songs into more than mere protest songs (as some can certainly be construed as) but excellently composed musical pieces. I envy the talent of this group to make such standards into something so uniquely endearing.
Another folk-rock album that has attracted my attention is the album of Ezra Furman And The Harpoons that is entitled Banging Down The Doors. This album reminds me strongly of Bob Dylan. Some outstanding sing is performed by Mr. Furman on this. It all at once makes me want to stand up and cheer as well as sit brooding and thoughtful about life.

No comments: