Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Je désire des avant-garde et musique concrète

First, I am not gonna translate that for anyone, if you can't figure it out, you really don't understand how to read, simple as that. Second, I really could do with a good source for this type of thing, I've got minimal amounts of it now. However, I'm not referring to modern experimental or avant-garde artists. I want the pioneers, the first to make this sort of shit, like Clara Rockmore's explorations of the limits of the theremin and Noah Creshevsky's collages of sounds paired with original instrumentation before sampling was in style. The men and women that preceded the rage, like Karlheinz Stockhausen (sadly recently deceased) and Pierre Schaeffer are what I'm looking for. I want to know where this crazy electronic world we live in was truly born musically. If anyone has some they can send me or knows were a novice can sharpen his teeth on such subjects, please assist me with comments.


Stockhausen was a totally all mad scientist, very premium.

No comments: